Planning in Ontario has far-reaching implications for our communities, especially at a time where communities have many choices to make and when resources have never been scarcer. RPPs bring the ability and expertise to help inform choices and inspire communities.
OPPI is disappointed the Registered Professional Planners Act was not passed before the Legislature rose for the provincial election campaign. The Second Reading of Bill 122 in the Legislature showed the bill had all-party support.
We appreciate the hard work put in, initially, by the Hon. Peter Minister Milczyn, Minister of Housing / Minister Responsible for the Poverty Reduction Strategy, and by MPP Ted McMeekin and their staff, as well as all of our member volunteers and the Professional Regulation Strategy Group in getting us to this point.
OPPI has developed a webpage resource for members, so you can access election updates and information to share as candidates come to your door, this includes:
Links to party candidates for each riding
Ontario Election 2018 Coverage
As Ontario gears up for an election on June 7, 2018, OPPI will share information with members below on the promises and/or statements made by each major party during this campaign related to the planning profession. Please check in periodically to see information related to RPPs and the work you do.
Ontario New Democratic Party
- Horwath announces plan to help seniors stay in their homes - June 2, 2018
- NDP will make rents affordable, build a liveable city for families - May 31, 2018
- Horwath promises $16 billion to fix neglected schools - May 25, 2018
- Andrea Horwath humbled by strong endorsement from Grassy Narrows - May 25, 2018
- Horwath launches platform for Eastern Ontario - May 20, 2018
- NDP would provide $140M for Ottawa transit - May 17, 2018
- Horwath to bring immediate relief to Toronto transit users - May 17, 2018
- Horwath's $12 per day child care plan is change for the better for families - May 16, 2018
- Horwath releases a platform for Southwestern Ontario - May 15, 2018
- Andrea Horwath and the NDP have a plan that gives renters hope - May 15, 2018
- NDP leader launches Northern Ontario platform in Thunder Bay - May 4, 2018
- Horwath launches GTHA platform - May 1, 2018
- Change for the better - NDP Election Platform
Ontario Progressive Conservative Party
- Only an Ontario PC Government will get Ontario moving - June 4, 2018
- For the people - a plan for Ontario - May 30, 2018
- Doug Ford will deliver real relief for the people of rural Ontario - May 23, 2018
- Doug Ford will exempt Royal Canadian Legion from property tax - May 22, 2018
- Doug Ford will further expand the sale of beer and wine into corner stores, grocery stores, and box stores - May 18, 2018
- Doug Ford won't take rent control away from anyone - May 15, 2018
- Doug Ford has a plan for the people of Northern Ontario - May 2, 2018
- Ontario PC Leader Doug Ford promises not to touch the greenbelt - May 1, 2018